Because there is no best place to stay in Paros, and all of the villages in the island have its own charm, we have gathered reasons to stay in the two main town centers of the island so you can decide where to stay in Paros between Parikia or Naoussa based on the type of holiday that you are looking for.
In general terms, Parikia is the best place to stay in Paros if you are looking to move around the island on public transportation and want to score good accommodation on a budget. If you are looking for a more upscale town center and luxury hotels or villas, Naoussa is better for your Paros vacations.
Where to stay in Paros
Parikia is the capital of the island and where the ferries from the rest of the Cyclades arrive. Next to the port, there is the main bus station from where you can visit the whole island.
Parikia Town has many local shops and brands, and places to eat and have a few cocktails, but the general vibe of the place is very casual. When trying to decide between Parikia or Naoussa, here are some points in favor of Parikia that makes it the best place to stay on the island:
- The main bus station of the island is in Parikia and makes it easier to move around without renting a car or motorbike
- The airport is 15 minutes by car and 30 minutes by bus from Parikia while in Naoussa, it is a 30 minutes drive by car or a one hour journey by bus
- The main port of Paros is located just in Parikia. The Punda port where ferries to and from Antiparos depart is just 15 minutes by bus from the town.
- The shops at Parikia Town Center are more budget friendly than the ones in Naoussa.
- Parikia Town is crowded during every season. In Naoussa, the town tends to be a lot quieter in winter months.
- Livadia Beach is located a few steps away from Parikia. If you don’t want to move much around you can enjoy a beach day without even needing transportation
- It is easier to spot budget accommodation in Parikia starting at $40 EU
- It is easier to find delicious but budget friendly restaurants in Parikia. If you want to indulge some fish, the best prices are on this part of the island.
Best hotels in Parikia – From $ to $$$
Paros Backpackers Hostel – $
Paros Backpackers Hostel is the only hostel with shared dorm rooms in the islands. While it is not a poshtel like the ones that you could easily spot in Asia (if you don’t know what we are talking about you should check our post about luxury hostels in Asia), this accommodation has an excellent location in front of Livadia beach, offers clean bathrooms and has a giant swimming pool in the backyard.
If you are backpacking around Greece, Paros is definitely one of the low-cost islands that you should visit, and Paros Backpackers Hostels offers shared dorm rooms for $15 – $18
- Swimming pool
- Shared kitchen for those looking for cooking their own meals
- Terrace with sunset views
Grozos Rooms – $$
This is a family-owned hotel that offers double rooms and apartments. The rooms aren’t luxury at all but are clean and minimalistic so it is a great option if you are looking to have a budget vacation in Paros. The best thing about Grozos Rooms is its service, the staff will pick you up at the port for free and will sit with you and give you a lot of tips about the island in order to make sure that you will have the time of your life.
This hotel has an average rate of $80 per night for a double room, with prices starting at $50 during September and going as high as $100 for an apartment that can host up to 4 people during high season.
- Big patio with tables to relax
- All rooms have mini-fridge
- Located a few steps from Livadia beach
Argonauta Hotel – $$$
Argonauta Hotel is just in front of the port of Parikia and its bus station and has a reception that is open 24 hours, which is something not common in the island. The rooms are very modern but still conserve the Greek style that you’d probably be looking for during your stay in Paros.
This hotel has an average rate of $140 per night with prices starting at $80 during the low season
- Free breakfast served by a waitress
- Modern rooms
- In front of Paros port
Naoussa is where the old port of Paros used to be. Now, the port became the place to be to have a lovely dinner with breathtaking views. While it is true that the main bus station of the island is in Parikia, Naoussa also has an important bus station from where you can reach many beaches without having to change buses at Parikia.
Below you will find a list of reasons why you will love staying in Naoussa during your Greek vacation:
- During summer, Naoussa is one of the most joyful and chic places to be in Greece, think about Little Venice in Mykonos but for a fraction of the price!
- At night, the town is full of trendy bars where you can grab a cocktail and meet new people
- The restaurants at the harbor are more upscale than the ones in Parikia and serve the best fresh fish dishes on the island
- If you are coming with your family or with a large group, there are many villas that you can rent near Naoussa that offers beautiful sea views and terraces with swimming pools. Most of the time, when you split the booking rate between all the guests, these villas end up costing the same as a regular hotel.
- While it is true that it has something for every budget, the fashion brands at Naoussa tend to be much fancier
- Piperi and Agioi Anargyroi beaches are both located a few steps away from Naoussa. Neither of those beaches is the most beautiful in Paros but it is always good to have a beach near the hotel
Best hotels in Naoussa – From $ to $$$
Madaky Hotel – $
Madaky is the perfect hotel for those looking for budget but beautiful accommodation situated in the center of the action. The hotel is just in front of a traditional bakery and has a supermarket nearby.
During the low season, you can get a double room for as low as $40 while during the summer months you can expect to pay $70 per night.
- Mini refrigerator in all rooms
- Clean rooms and helpful staff
- Rooms located on the first floor have a private outdoor space where you can enjoy the afternoon
Alexandros Studios – $$
Located 10 minutes away from Naoussa’s harbor, Alexandros studios has newly refurbished rooms with air-conditioning and the most comfortable beds in town. The bedrooms have modern bathrooms with deluxe showers and all of them offer their own private terrace overlooking the island. For those who are taking family vacations or coming with a large group, the hotel has suites for up to 4 guests.
From June to August, the average price of a modern room in Alexandros studios is $140 per night, while from September to May you can find rooms ranging between $70 and $100 per night
- Free continental breakfasts
- Modern rooms with deluxe showers
- Located in Piperi Beach
Quartano Luxury Cycladic Residence – $$$
This is an adult-only (+13 years old) residence located in Naoussa that offers deluxe bedrooms, two bedrooms suites and triple rooms equipped with jacuzzis and hydromassages. Quartano is one of the most high-end hotels in Paros and has an outside pool overlooking Naoussa that is really popular among the guests.
A stay in this hotel can range between $150 and $360 per night, depending the size of the room and the season
- Rooms with jacuzzi and hydromassage
- Swimming pool, bar and restaurant inside the hotel
- Free buffet breakfast